Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Milestones: 5 weeks off antibiotics!! Lung Function Increases!!

A CF MUDDA Celebration!!!!!



Today am so excited to share with you a personal milestone....

I am 5 weeks antibiotic FREE!!!

Since my CF cough first presented itself in my early teens 12-13 I have not gone more than a month off (oral/nebulized) antibiotics, since I was the age of 15-16, I could go no more than a few days off antibiotics. I have tried everything to achieve this goal, to break the cycle.... or at least I thought I had!


Along with the fundamental help of Kalydeco, these new supplements I have introduced (noted in my last blog) in the last 5 weeks have turned my lungs upside down! Let's do a little FEV list to be clear:

  • Nov FEV 55%
  • Dec FEV 52%
  • Feb FEV 1.29 = 46%
  • March FEV 1.35 = 48%   STOP ANTIBIOTIC'S (Sputum still Dark Green)


ENTER NEW ROUTINE: Inhaled Glutathione (GSH), Nebulized Silver, Chlorella, Liposomal Vitamin C, Liposomal Glutathione...

  • April 21st  FEV 1.50 = 53%  (sputum dark yellow)
  • April 25th FEV  1.60 = 54%  (sputum yellow)
  • April  29th FEV 1.70 = 58.2%  (sputum Light yellow)
  • May 1st FEV 1.80 = 62 - 64%  (to be confirmed which one) (sputum lighter yellow, hardly any production)

I can hardly take it in!!!! I feel like I've struck gold!!! This combination has given me such a boost, my lungs feel so much better, I have had no adverse side effects and my FEV continues to rise (even though I'm not on antis?! Never has this happened before in my life!!) 

Note too some of my hospital medications remain unchanged and I continue to take them as I always have done. They are as follow: Ventolin, Atrovent, Pulmozyme, Bronchitol and Kalydeco...
I have always taken some fundamental supplements, they too are unchanged and I will note them next time..

In my next few blogs I will spotlight these new additions to my health routine and explain the reason why I decided to use them. I will add links too of studies for people to read all about them. This was no fluke, but a calculated choice. What was not expected is that it would work so well and so quickly!! You never can tell with CF what will work and what will fall short... this new combo certainly has shined for me! 




Until next time... Á votre santé! 


Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success. Always be on the lookout for ways to turn a problem into an opportunity for success. Always be on the lookout for ways to nurture your dream.”  ~ Lao Tzu ~













No comments:

Post a Comment