Tuesday, 25 December 2012

Merry Christmas


Dear Readers,
At this most special time of the year (my personal favourite time of the year!) I would like to wish you and your loved ones a very Merry and Lovely Christmas. Thank you so much for you support, I have been really touched by everybody who I have met along this journey. A little Christmas Message for you. xox

video


We were beyond delighted at the recent announcement that Kalydeco will be available to ALL G511D CF patients over the age of six, next month in England!! We anticipate hearing your remarkable stories, so very thrilled for you!!!
Here in Australia are about to embark on the same journey of government approval in the New Year, we hope to have the same success that our UK friends have had! Please please support our campaign by joining our facebook group Kalydeco for Australians. Share it, spread it, speak it!We need as much support as possible!!

My Christmas this year was such a different story to last year. We attended Mass, then spent a lovely day with Benjamin's family. A very special visitor came, Saint Nicholas (Grandpa Upston!) which completely delighted 12 little people (cousins)!!! Needless to say it was hectic... but so nice to be able to keep up and actually enjoy the day! I ate a full Christmas lunch; Turkey, gratin, french beans and carrots, Jamie Oliver's Brussels sprouts (yum!). Followed by Pudding and custard, trifle, cup cakes, plus an apple and apricot crumble made by our lovely 5 year old niece, Hannah (it was delicious!). The remarkable part of this story is that I was ABLE to eat it all!!! No problems... in fact I had to restrain myself for seconds of pudding! Best Christmas luncheon ever!!

Thank you, Kalydeco!!!

I leave you now on this special evening, with the carol that touches my heart so much. I have to hold back tears whenever I hear the words,
"A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices, For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn. Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angel voices!"
It is a new dawn for Cystic Fibrosis sufferers. It is a Hope to our weary existence... and I Thank God I have live to see this day. May God Bless You and Yours and keep you always....



Merry Christmas! xox





 





No comments:

Post a Comment