Sunday, 4 November 2012

R.I.P

"Everything reminds me of her, there isn't a day that go's by where I don't think of her. One day she didn't feel well, the next day she was... gone"
~Meet Joe Black~
No further can I go without acknowledging the brave souls who have tragically gone before us to this devastating disease.
October 2010 was the month I had my last baby, Sebastian. Little did I know on the other side of the world, my dear friend and only person I knew with CF began to feel unwell.
Katie and I met through mutual friends when we were 20, nothing to do with CF, so it was a refreshing start to our friendship. She was always happy, positive very funny and determined to live a life full, not letting CF get her down at all. She's my hero, we completely understood each other. I felt as long as she was alright, I would be too...
Katie had a transplant new years eve 7 years before. Everything had gone beautifully well up to this point. She travelled the world, had a stellar career as a nurse and was engaged to the man of her dreams.
She was diagnosed with cancer early 2011. It was a side effect of the anti-rejection drugs. Had it been caught earlier, who knows? She flew back to Melbourne to be surrounded by her dear family and friends while she battled the cancer. Fought so hard right till the end, but tragically lost her battle last September. She was 31, 3 weeks younger than me.
My heart broke, I cannot speak about her without breaking down privately. Everything dose remind me of her and that she is gone. My world was turned upside down, my rock was gone.
How could I go on?!.. I found out that Kalydeco existed one month before she passed away, it literally was the only thing that kept my hope alive for my life during those dark days.
There are countless stories like Katie's repeated around the globe, that break the hearts of their loved ones. If this is your story too, I am so very sorry for your loss. We must find a way to live on without them and Honor our dearly departed. It's so hard. I will try my best for my family and for Katie's sake, I know that's what she would have wanted. I hope we will be together again in Heaven, always in my prayers.
but I miss her...

May the Souls of the Faithful departed though the mercy of God rest in Peace. Amen







No comments:

Post a Comment