Monday, 12 November 2012

Let's Get Physical

Freaking out just a little bit about my K-bod! Since starting Kalydeco I have steadily put on an average of 1-2 kg a week. I was cool with that, I was embracing my inner Marilyn .... problem (?) My fat don't sit like her fat did!... and IT'S NOT STOPPING!!!! How ironic, years and years of battling to eat and trying to keep the pounds on, now I can't stop it. I'm like Violet Beauregarde (charlie & the chocolate factory), only my 'gum' is turning me into a giant rice pudding!!

Weighing in at clinic is a routine part of the CF check up, one feels like a jockey before the big race, "correct weight!". Generally my weight remained the same, only much less if I became unwell. I was always apprehensive stepping onto the plate. 41kg was my average before Kalydeco, but it was going down gradually over time. My perfect BMI is 50-53kg... since the last month when I was 53.2kg,  I am now literally sitting on 55kg!!! I've gone up from Australian size 4-6 to an 8-10. Heads up: a new wardrobe is expencive, start saving now!

One of the new lovely experiences in my K world is for the first time I walked into a patisserie and my mouth actually started to water and I could taste the delights on offer! Words fall short to convey what this means to me, as I've always adored cooking, epicure, gourmet wine and food; cliche foodie. Now I can really enjoy it all! As you can tell by my weight I have been taking full advantage of this new super power!
What is one to do? I bought a ski machine and ab twister!! ha ha! .. And 'yes' I've used them, clearly not as much as I should. This new dilemma is really tricky, going from skeletal to festively plump!
I have had the help of a secret weapon, Baked Rice Pudding! I eat it anytime of the day...
Here's my recipe for those who wish to pack on those extra pounds:

Baked Rice Pudding
6 tablespoons of Organic Aborio Rice
200ml Organic Milk per Tablespoon of Rice
6 tablespoons of Double Cream
2 tablespoons of raw Castor sugar
1 teaspoon of ground Cinnamon (or 1 stick)
1/4 teaspoon of ground Nutmeg
1 teaspoon of Organic Vanilla extract
3/4 cup Sultanas

1. Set Oven to 160C
2. Butter heaving baking dish (at least 2 litre capacity)
3. Sprinkle rice, cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg, vanilla & sultanas over the bottom of the dish
4. Pour milk over top
5. Place in oven and cook for 2 hours. Stir every half hour and then at the last 30 minutes stir in the double cream and increase to heat a bit to 175C.
6. Serve steaming hot or eat chilled. (I have mine with Strawberries: Crush them, stir in 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar leave to sit for 30 mins) ... YUM!!!
My mouth is watering right now!!!  MUST BE STRONG... but I hope you enjoy!

This may look like slops, but it'll pack on those pounds in no time!! 



Welcome to a Women's World....





2 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Faye...enjoy the food, how amazing to actually taste it all and really enjoy it....kilo's are good, they make you look healthier; so glad that Kalydeco is such a positive experience for you - you go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lee Lee!
    Totally, I love looking well! People no longer stare & wonder if I have a serious eating disorder, also clothes actually fit properly. The bony me is gone! Most of all I feel my energy back and with that my life!... but I am going to have to make sure I don't go to the larger side, it's in my family and I LOVE to eat! Everything in moderation.. xo

    ReplyDelete